Monday 20 January 2014

Cheers to New Beginnings



I hope that you’re excited to read this post because I cannot express with words how excited I am to push publish on this post. I might actually wee myself. Some realness for you there.


So our theme this month is new beginnings.
That can a mean lot of things and it can be quite daunting if you think about it. It’s a lot of pressure. Like when I was at school and I opened a new exercise book to start writing in it. Talk about expectations. You look at the page and it’s all clean and new and unmarked and you feel like you can do anything and be anything with this new page. I mean c’mon, it’s yours to do what you want with.
Even though you know two weeks later the book will resemble a natural disaster zone and will probably be a food diary simply by the stains on the pages.


So that is how I feel about new beginnings. I’ve had quite a few of them in the past after all and I have to say that some new beginnings just don’t appeal. Like opening a Word Document and starting a new Media Kit for my blog because I accidently deleted the last one. That new beginning just plain sucks. Or finding that you do indeed need to buy a new dairy thanks to your new fancy water bottle leaking in your purse. Way to go seals, you’re on fire today!
This blog though, with these people, is a good new beginning and that’s what I wanted to talk about. Not at length, but just briefly.

I want to say that you’ll find 4 other members of FOTB and they’re all amazing. Sunae, Gemma, Magdalena and Tilly are pretty fantastic in both my unmarked and well-loved books and I’m really excited and honoured to have this new beginning with them.
You see, the blogging community is incredibly supportive but it’s not often that you find 4 other ladies that are so completely on the same wavelength as you. It’s not often that you find people you can laugh and joke with until 3am, but that’s what I’ve found so I’m counting every single lucky star I have right now.
So let’s raise a glass (I’ve got rum and Coke in mine) to this new beginning and the adventure I’m hoping it’ll bring.
Cheers, ladies!

Love Samantha

No comments :

Post a Comment